Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Thursday Happenings.

It is another hot summer day here at the ranch 87 degrees at noon. Donna took John Deere out to finish the front without telling me. I wish she would have said something as she got it stuck down to the frame in mud, could have shown her what area to avoid, or maybe she wanted to see me sweat. I took Max the truck out and put a tow strap on it and pulled it free, she is now finishing it and hopefully won’t make the same mistake twice. Maybe the closer you get to 70 the worse is is to take the heat, this summer it seems I just don’t last as long outside in 90 degree sunny weather. I used to stay out for hours, now I cut the yard in three sections, one day for each.

How about a couple of throwbacks,

Donna&VWBus1978

                            Donna in 1978.

Donna ScrantonPa08-80

Donna at the pullout lookout in Scranton, 1980.

25thannivtrip2004l

                 Donna in the dome diner 2004.

Nashvillevacation10-15-06i

Nashville 2006, Sam is on the presidents bar stool.

Donna has the night shift at the restaurant tonight,Me and Rigg’s are assigned to homeland security.

Hope all is well with all our friends out there and the weather is fair for all. Be safe. Sam & Donna……..

6 comments:

  1. Tell Sis to take it easy when it is this hot out. It's worse for people with heart problems, like she and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not so sure it's the heat, but boy that humidity sure can do me in. Even after living in the DC area for 15 years I never could adjust to it. So both of you take it easy out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't go out of the house after about 12 Noon when the temps are above 85. And we don't have any humidity to speak of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we will start getting temps like that by Saturday or Sunday. I am actually looking forward to it, at least for a bit.

    Love Donna in those throwback pics, thanks for sharing them.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your right about the humidity bothering many of us as we age. I'll be 70 in October & it seems each summer now the humidity bothers me more than ever. I'm almost at the stage of refusing to go out of the house in that kind of heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't take the heat like I use to either..but then, we don't have A/C...BUT THE HIKER DOES!!

    ReplyDelete