Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, November 11, 2013

Veterans Day.

Veteran's Day Parade

and for all my Canadian Friends..

canadaremberance

thankful-for-veterans

Today in the USA and Canada, we are celebrating Veterans Day, and Remembrance Day. What more can we say than Thank You to all those who have served their country, and take a few minutes in prayer to honor those that gave their lives in the service of our country.

To all my friends and fellow bloggers out there who are veterans, I know who most of you are ,but there are just to many to list, I extend my deepest Thanks for your service.

Being a Vet I can only say that the time I served was a wonderful time in my life, and it prepared me for all the things that followed, I have always said and I truly believe that Freedom has the sweetest taste for someone who has fought for it..

I want to take just a minute to Thank all my family members who served, first by Great Uncle John Weibel who was KIA on Normandy Beach, Then my Dad, Irving J. Weibel who served in WW2 in the Army Air Force in the Pacific. My brother Bill who served during the Viet Nam war in the US Navy. and then my Son Tim who served in the US Navy during Desert Storm.

I can only pray that we will be at peace in 6 years when my Grandson Adam comes of age, but he is already talking about joining the Navy when he gets out of college.

It is a cloudy day here in Dardenne Prairie, Donna and I are going to go out later and take advantage of a Veteran eats free deal at one of the local restaurants, I will have to stop at the store and get my Poppy for this year.

Hope all is well with all our friends, Be safe out there and enjoy the holiday. Sam & Donna…..

3 comments:

  1. Well said, Sam. Thank you and all the veterans for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service Sam, and all your family members too.

    ReplyDelete