Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Happenings.

Was up at 04:30AM with my pretty bride for coffee,then she was off to the truck company, and then the restaurant. Rigg’s and I then got a short nap with Rigg’s.

Then I blogged for awhile this morning.

It is a sunny but cold day here at the Ranch looks like the high will be about 41, Saturday still says middle 50’s. Didn’t have much to do today. So I am just sitting around and computing, and watching train movies. Don’t think the truck will leave the garage today. I see where the temperatures are going up for our friends out in Arizona, maybe they will have a good time at Quartzite and not freeze now.

Boy the weeks do go by fast, now I will have to see if I am to pick Adam up at his bus stop tomorrow if he wants to spend the weekend. He always enjoys his weekends here with his Dad and Donna & I.

How many of you guys had a Lionel Train when you were a kid. I was thinking of how my set that I put under the Christmas tree was bought in 1953, that’s over 62 years old and it still runs like a new one, just cleaning and a little oil and it has kept going and going. Boy now that is play value. I wonder If my Dad & Granddad would have thought a toy would last that long.

100_0964

Here’s my Lionel Lackawanna Trainmaster.with dumping car, cop chasing hobo car, wrecking crane and work caboose.

Lionel53

LIONEL51

Remember these, couldn’t wait each year for the catalog to come out.

I wonder if Adam will still have his XBOX 360 in 60 years. Probably not. Oh well a blast from the past never hurt anyone.

Hey be safe out there. Sam & Donna…..

5 comments:

  1. Dennis had a Lionel...He gave it to his nephews and it never lasted...what a shame...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sam, you were right on about my brother's tee shirt! Can't wait to take some train pics for you at the Folkston station when I'm hobbling around a little better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Husband Art, said he had a Lionel Train set as a boy too. He sold his. That is great that yours still runs so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a Lionel too, didn't have much track and only about six cars, but I played with it for years... My mother got rid of it when I went to college... Be fun to still have it but........ what are ya gonna do ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did, I did! Loved my train set!! Used to set it up and play for hours! My son John put together a really nice big track lay out that we could run out in the garage, years ago. Now he like to spend his time at the WAAM in Hood River, where they have a whole bunch of old cars, airplanes, and motorcycles. No trains, though. Maybe he should get them interested in that, too! Thanks for the memories, Sam.

    ReplyDelete