Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Thoughts

Was up at 04:00AM and had coffee with my bride, felt a lot better this morning after I sucked down some medicine and wrapped myself up in the new blanket Donna surprised with when she came home from work. All summer I just use a sheet, But in the winter I put a blanket over it, Donna on the other hand is wrapped up in a sheet, blanket and comforter all year round, some times you can barely see her head. Anyway I wrapped up and got a good night sleep and sweated the cold out, I was soaking wet when I got up but I sure did feel better and slept pretty well at that.
It got up to about 65 degrees by 01:00PM so I went down and put the deck under John Deere. It isn’t so bad a job if you use a floor jack and not try to lift it by hand. All in all it takes about 30 minutes with six pins that have to be inserted in different places to hold it to the mounts. Then john and I went out started cutting and cut until I ran out of gas, Got about 3/4ths of it done and I ran to the gas station and filled a jerry can, but I decided I would finish it tomorrow. Boy was John happy to get back out and his deck was nice and smooth, and quiet with the new pulleys and spindles on it, just like when it was new 400 hours ago. The dealer said that model should run between 800-1000 hours before the motor will need a rebuild, so I will probably be dead by then and my son Andy will be the owner.
Waiting for Donna now to get home from work and decide what we will do for supper. I hope everyone is having a great week.
Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

4 comments:

  1. Sure glad you are feeling better. (but today is Tuesday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheesh, Thanks for pointing that out, maybe slamming my head in the laptop will help.See what drugs does to you. Sam......

      Delete
  2. Sam was being proactive and planning ahead for a great Wednesday. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did some figuring Sam and if you really get busy on the John Deere cutting grass and plowing snow there's a good chance you could still outlive it. So, get busy!

    ReplyDelete