Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, July 20, 2012

T.G.I.F.

Up at 04:30AM with my bride for coffee, then she was off to the truck company and then the restaurant.

I took everything out of the back of my truck so my son could make a run with the scrap metal and aluminum we have piled next to our out building for scrap, when I went to pull the fiver hitch out, it is mounted on sliding rails, evidently it was rusted in tight since it hadn’t been slid or taken out in 8 years, I put a tow strap on it and attached to a tree and moved forward until it appeared to be sliding, once it was at the rear of the truck I got out and that’s when I noticed the two side plates got bent. Rather than taking a sledge to them I took them to a welding shop that can heat them and press them back into shape. Just want to be safe when I reinstall the hitch. Costs for this $100 there goes any profit from the scrap run. The good part is they will be ready Monday so I won’t lose the use of the fiver at all.

Tomorrow at 08:00AM is Rigg’s Vet appointment, he does pretty well and likes the Lady Vet he has.I think she likes him too.

Not much else going on at the Ranch , still in the ninety’s but they said a chance of rain later, we will see.

Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……..

7 comments:

  1. $100 is cheaper than having to replace the whole slider hitch. That's we have and they are expensive. In the 90's here also, just had a storm roll through and dropped the temp to 79, and now it's climbing again, Good luck tomorrow Riggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad about your mishap but glad it can be fixed. Sure hope Riggs gets good news tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see the hitch rails can be repaired...after 8 years now you will know for sure its as good as new....good luck tomorrow Riggs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would hate to think of pulling the hitch out of the GMC...
    and...WHO THE HECK WOULDN'T LOVE RIGGS??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess you needed a "project" amyhow Sam. You were just to idle!! I'm wondering if you put any oil or WD-40 on it before you pulled? Isn't hind site wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I bought the truck I had a short bed and used to slide it all the time in 2004 I bought a long bed and haven't used the slide feature since, and your right if I would have sprayed it with some kind oil and let it set over night it might have come right out, then again 8 years is a long time to be in one position.

      Delete
  6. Too bad about the hitch. I shudder to think what I might have done with a chain attaching my truck to a tree and then driving forward!

    Good luck, Riggs!

    ReplyDelete