Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Notes.

Was up at 06:00AM for coffee with my bride also as an added treat they had Tasteykake Butterscotch Krimpets at the store so I got to packages of those. Wow what a great way to start a Sunday morning.

It was raining steadily when I got up just a nice steady soaking rain that went on until about 02:00PM and then stopped and the sun came out the whole time it was raining it stayed 70 degrees outside. Now that the sun is out it is climbing to the 80’s quickly. Unless we get more rain they are forecasting a high of 95 today. I just might have to cut grass later in the week.

Rigg’s continues to be his old self and is a little more active today. He usually sleeps his medication off and then is ready for attention. It looks like his supply of pills will be over in a few days and he won’t be on drugs anymore. The Vet has called a couple of times to see how he is doing. She said as soon as the Laboratory gets the biopsy report to her she will call. But she sounded optimistic about the outcome. She is a young lady maybe in her late 20’s named Ellie and she always has fawned over Rigg’s whenever I took him and this last time she asked if we would mind if she made him her exclusive patient, except for emergencies. So know when we call for an appointment they make sure Ellie is scheduled. It is nice when a doctor takes an interest in their patient like that and I know Rigg’s likes her now too.

I am hoping against all odds that his results are that the tumor was benign, The Vet said they removed the entire tumor and a larger area around it just to be safe. That was the reason for the larger than I thought incision when I saw it I figured the tumor was only an inch or two long  but his scar will be four inches long. Don’t know what I would do if we got bad news about my bestus pal, I guess get all the treatments available no matter what the costs are.

Waiting for Donna to get home. She had the day shift at the Restaurant today. It doesn’t look like we will be getting away together for awhile so I will have to be satisfied with Rigg’s and the Grands for some getaway camping.Donna & I are scheduled for a week at the Escapee’s Rally in Sedalia MO. in Sept and look forward to meeting up with Bloggers we have met and new ones we haven’t.

Would have liked a long weekend up in Illinois near Sandwich but with the Restaurant shifts it doesn’t look like it will happen, At least not this summer.

At least it cooled down for Adam’s first day of football practice and the sun is out so maybe they will be comfortable.

That’s about it for today from downtown Dardenne Prairie MO. hope the weekend is going well for everyone out there. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

6 comments:

  1. Yaaaay Riggs. Kelly,Pheebs, & I send our best wishes all the way from Canada for Rigg's continuing recovery & favorable biopsy results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I totally understand..We are really trying to get outta here middle of Aug., but it all depends on lots of family stuff....I am keeping Riggs in my thoughts, and ..even if the biopsy isn't good, Riggins is a young Lab, and very active...Keep the good thoughts....and GET CAMPING..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crossing my fingers for Riggs! I've had two labs--they are very prone to benign tumors. Please keep us posted! Waiting is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get all good news for Riggs. Sounds like you have a very good Vet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling Sam, I had a tumor removed from around my aeorta back in 1980,,,the Doc told me there would be a 4' incision under my arm,,,when I woke up the incesion was 18" long!! He said the same thing that he wanted to make sure they got it all..... I thought maybe they took my heart too,,,but all turned out well and here I still am 30+ years later. Good Luck to Riggs. I know you will keep us posted....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's hoping you get good news about Riggs real soon. Waiting on results is tough because it's so easy to dwell on only the bad possibilities. Stay positive Sam!

    ReplyDelete