Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday Mumblings.

I was up at 06:00AM and had coffee. got to sit outside in nice 70 degree weather and enjoy the clean air and coffee.

About 10:00AM I set the special sea & anchor detail and made preparations to get underway. Got everything stowed and in the travel mode and hitched up and then went over to the dump station. Everything went flawlessly and Chappie and & were backing into her pad at the Ranch about 11:00AM.

I got the standard warm welcome from Rigg’s he’s always so happy to see his Dad get home, hasn’t left my side since I got in. right now he is laying next to my chair under the ceiling fan as I type this post.

As usual it will take a couple of days to get caught up on what's going on in blog land but now that I am home and back on my own internet I will be able to past comments and browse the blogs that I haven’t been able to read for a week.

I am even behind in Facebook.

Hope everyone is having a fine weekend, I had ordered a snap in screen for the Fantastic Fan I installed in Chappie’s bathroom, the one that was in there had 8 screws holding it in and when you wanted to take it out to rinse it and clean the screen it was a pain, I found some that snap in, no screws. What a timesaver, the box was waiting here when I got back so I installed that.

I guess that’s about it for today. I am looking forward to having supper at home with my bride. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna…

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the Navy term "sea and anchor detail"...FYI, Uncle Jr. is going with other WWII vets to attend a Great Lakes graduation on July 20th...He says that he never had one, as it was Oct. of 1941 and they just got assigned a port...We saw our son's and I am sure Uncle Jr. will LOVE meeting these new Navy guys...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be neat to leave port on an aircraft carrier, we would be on the flight deck forward manning one of the helicopters in case of a man overboard, and the tugs would cut loose and you would hear, Ding ,Ding, Ding,Ding , "Now shift colors the ship is underway" on the 1 MC. I am sure Uncle Jr remembers those small things like it was yesterday. Sam..... I't a bitch getting old...

      Delete
  2. welcome home Sam!..glad you landed safely!..Riggs must be still waggin' his tail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your home, now rest up for next trip!

    Hey, gettin old is tough, but if you can find a way around it short of leaaving this world, let me know...

    I felt like a youngster until I hit 75. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks.....I still thank God for every day.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad your home safe and sound...and you have a happy boy shadowing you...its nice to go away but nice to also go back home...have a super week

    ReplyDelete