Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Friday, October 28, 2011

T.G.I.F.

Up early with my bride and had a coffee for the first time in a few weeks, I have been off the antibiotic so I figured my stomach could take it. Donna headed out to the truck company and then the Restaurant.

How about those CARDS, unbelievable finish last night to game six, now if they can pull it off tonight we will have another Championship here in St Louis. The town is going nuts, car horns blowing, people yelling and laughing, no violence thank God like some other cities.

Been waiting all day so far for the dumper trailer for the old shingles to come off the roof. It was never delivered yesterday. I finally around Noon called the Shingle company and the guy that answered thought the trailer had been dropped off, I said No, unless it’s sitting at the wrong house someplace. He called me back and said he would have one out today, so here I am still waiting. My Son and his buddy wanted to start pulling shingles up after work until dark since it’s not supposed to rain all weekend, They hope to be done Sunday afternoon doing half the roof each day. The house is 2500 sq. feet so I hope they make it.

Adam was out the door at 10AM and so far except for a quick lunch stop he has played with his buddies all day, he will sleep good again tonight, but I think his Mom will be picking him up after she gets off work today. It looks like he enjoyed his three nights at Grandpa & Grandma’s.

Several of my Canadian friends have already headed south into the USA and more will be joining them shortly, One of these days we will join the Birds too. Although once the fiver is back in top shape we will probably make a two week trip to Fla. in March or April. It will be getting warm enough to get in the water at that time of the year down there. Although when I was stationed in Jacksonville and Pensacola us northerners would swim no matter how cold the water was. It was just great to go to the beach on a 70 or 75 degree day.

Well that’s about it for now hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

6 comments:

  1. Hope the dumper trailer shows up....that is a BIG job!!
    Hope you guys have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope those guys get their act together so you can get the roof done!

    When we did our roof on the house in Green Bay, we paid the neighbor boys and our sons $5 a wheel barrow full of picked up shingles!

    Also we stapled tarps likes slides, above the rain gutters so the shingles would slide right down to the ground. Easy peasy compared to picking them outta the shrubs.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to hoping that dumpster has showed up by the time I write this. And a two week trip to Florida in the midst of winter - sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, you are quite the swimmer..I can see why you were a rescue swimmer in the Navy...I only swim where I can see the bottom, which is mostly pools, or crystal clear oceans...but then ya got sting rays....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Cards did it and they deserved the win. They played a great series.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete