Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesday Musings.

Up at 04:30AM had coffee with my bride and then she left for the truck company,Tonight she has restaurant duty also, it was another cool cloudy day with on and off rain, didn’t leave the house, my Son Andy took Nicole to school and picked her up, he said it was just wet and nasty both ways. Supposedly Friday and Sat we should have some sun, but it is going to take a lot of it to dry the ground up around here.

I’m still bumming out a little about not being able to post pictures of Nicole, she is just so photogenic, and I guess since I spent my life in a uniform of some sort and over 30plus years in Law enforcement, that I just don’t want to or just out right refuse to live in fear ,I think the right way is for anyone that would think to harm my family, should be the ones in fear. I also agree that most child abductions are from relatives or ex spouses and a very small number of sexual predators. Today a child has more of a chance of being shot at school in a supposedly safe environment than they do of being abducted by a stranger off the street who happened to see a picture on the internet. Oh well enough of a rant. just disappointment coming through, sorry..

Donna and have have about decided on a nice vacation for two in the 5th wheel from June 16th to June 26th, we are hoping to go up to the Upper Wisconsin area and visit with Karen & Steveo, do some Wisconsin style camping.

On the way up to cut the travel miles we would like also to stop and visit, Donna & Dennis in Sandwich Il. which is semi on the way, Sam wants to eat and have a beer in the Train Car. So we will have to see if this fits into everyone's schedule,

In May we are haven some bloggers stop for a week and I hope we can talk Judy and Emma into a visit on the way to here summer stay in Illinois, if not we will find a way to visit where she is camped out for the summer on a weekend.

Not much else for today here in Dardenne Prairie,

I hope everyone is getting better weather than us. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

7 comments:

  1. Wisconsin is very close to Minnesota Sam. We have a great spot for you out here at Coyote Ridge if you are in the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    I will be spending the summer in Indiana near my daughter's house. Plans now are to leave Lafayette, LA, in a week or so and head over to I-65 North. Doesn't look like I'll be going through Illinois at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice little RV trip to look forward too in June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sam, I have family members that also don't want their kids pictures published so, I feel I need to respect their decissions. I miss a lot of cute photos this way, but we all have our little disappointments in life. You have plenty of great photos on your blog so don't worry about it. How is Wendy doing? You haven't posted anything about her for a while.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your upcoming trips sound like so major fun is in store for you. We have hitch itch bad.. 18 days before we head to ID. I so can't wait - never been there before.

    Evielynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you and Donna have a nice little trip plan on the go. Something to look forward to. Have fun with the planning.

    Kevin and Ruth
    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see you guys! I am sending some links of train-ish things to do around here! wheeeee

    and some campground ideas too

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete