Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday Musings.

Today started early, especially for Donna, this is the first day of her Restaurant duty so she will have a long day,first the day shift at the truck company and then the evening shift at the restaurant. My day on the other hand, started with getting Nicole ready for school as her Mom leaves for work at 06:00AM , I then drive her to Augusta to school then I have some down time until it is time to drive and pick her up.

Today I went on line to Dell .com, I had seen an Inspiron laptop at the used computer store where I bought my Latitude, I only paid $200US for it and it has given me good service for over a year and is still fast and working great. They had an Inspiron that looked liked new and was priced at $500. I sent the specs for it to RICK our resident computer garu, and he said to check out the Dell site, as that seemed a little high for a used unit. I did that and found I could get the next Inspiron model up, brand new for $549US, it is regular $699 and they had an instant $149 rebate. I wanted to get Donna a new computer before we set out fulltime, and since we have not  bought a new one since our first computer back in the 80’s which I think we paid $1200US for and it had a 100MEG hard drive and $99 extra for a mouse. sheeesh. look what you get today. So I resent the specs back to Rick and he said it was a great laptop and a great price. Thanks Rick for reviewing this for me you are a life saver. So Donna has a new computer on the way. Did I tell you it has Windows 7. I am still using XP on both my laptop and desktop.

Nothing else for today. Hope everyone has a fine day, and be safe out there. Sam & Donna……

5 comments:

  1. Hey Sam good deal on computer. When do you and Donna plan on going fulltime? We may have to wait about two years if things don't get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find on the computer. I'm sure Donna will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new Dell laptop - Donna is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job on the computer shopping!!..Rick is the go-to guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new computer. I have had 7 for over a year now and find it very easy to navigate. I think it is more similar to xp than vista.

    ReplyDelete