Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Meanderings.

Up early I didn't have coffee this morning with Donna because I laid on the bed with Rigg's and Sadie while Donna was getting ready for work and must have dozed because when I opened my eyes it was 05:45AM and Donna was gone to the truck company.

I want to extend a big welcome to my latest follower here at the Weeb Ranch, WAYNE&ROBERTA, They have a blog just click on their name, I hope you guys enjoy the antics of the Weeb Gang, and sooner or later we will be back out in the 5th wheel for seeing some more of this country.

The house is like a tomb this morning no kid's noise. Samantha had a Doctor's appointment and he said she is to remain off work for a week and continue to rest and not disturb the healing process. But that sounded like good news to us.

I guess the pooches were watching me read blogs and saw me reading KAREN"S blog, She had pictures of Duke & Duchess in the tub getting a bath, They wanted equal time, so here is a picture of them sharing some quality rug time the other morning.

Rigg's&Sadie02-12-11a

          Rigg's and Sadie sharing their rug.

When the kid's aren't here I become the center of their universe and the competition for attention is fierce, no fighting, but Sadie will jump up and push Rigg's away, or worm her way between us, she is so feisty for being so small and is absolutely fearless in getting her way, I have to think if I was Rigg's I might get tired of it, but he is such a gentle Ben he just takes whatever she has to dish out. She will be growling away pulling on her end of of toy, and you never here a peep out of Rigg's he controls his strength so she has a chance to pull.

Then if I jump up the bed and put a movie on, they both get up with me and either snooze or in Rigg's case I sometimes think he watches the show too, by the way he follows the action with his head.

My son is finished with all the paint and trim work and is tearing out the old carpet out of his room today, tomorrow they deliver and install the new carpet and we will be able to move his furniture back in and I will have some space back in our house. I have to say he did a great job, I think he is going to rehab one room at a time, He keeps saying he wants to buy the house, so only time will tell. It would be great for him as it has plenty of garage space, and an out building and he would have plenty of room tor his tools and race cars.I told him if he bought it I would let him have John Deere and leave the compressor and most of the big tools for his car hobby.

JUDY-TRAVELS WITH EMMA mentioned in a comment that the picture of the kid's showed them without jackets and no snow and wondered if it had been taken last summer. Well no, we have had three days in a row of 50-60 degree temps and I did make them wear hooded sweatshirt jackets, They wanted to go out without them, but I said no. But the parking lot was clear of snow except where it had been plowed into piles and that wasn't in the picture. We have had a lot of snow melt and it is 60 again today, I have most of the snow on the grass gone here, but the piles along the driveway where we plowed will be here for at least a couple more warm days. There is also a lot of running water across the front of our property and out into the street.

That's about it for today I hope everyone is safe and having fun out there. Just be careful out here. Sam & Donna...

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been having lots of "kid fun". It's amazing to see big ole Riggs on the rug with little tiny Sadie - they sure seem like best friends, despite the size difference.

    Hope Samanta continues to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are suppose to have some warmer weather this week...almost 60 Thursday...Thank God..Usually Thursdays it is raining, snowing, blowing or below zero..and that's grocery day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will make it nice, if your son buys your house. Probably won't have to worry about where everything will go. Just leave it there for him. Nice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riggs the wonder dog!!! He is such a great big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever it takes, get your house sold and hit the road!! You know you are going to love every minute.

    I know my Donna and I are looking forward to it at some point in our future. And, Poppy & Rusty too, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to get some warmer weather and melt the snow. That running water is trying to fill the pond in your front yard, that doesn't exist anymore!

    Hope it stays warm now into spring! We want to come home one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still amazed at how good Rigg's is with that little Sadie.

    Interesting option if your son were to buy your house!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If he buys the house, you will know you always have a place to come and park the fiver to visit! LOL

    Wish our youngest could afford our house in 2013. Then we would have a parking spot too!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete