Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Monday, November 8, 2010

Monday Notes,

Not a great deal going on in Scranton today, My niece Barbara helped me take down all the lawn furniture from the backyard to the basement and then cover the swing for the winter, my nephews will be over to help cover and winterize the pool on Saturday. That is none to soon as they had a surprise snow in New England this morning, glad it missed New York & Pa. Al, THE BAYFIELD BUNCH you got out while the getting was good . I think we will be in for an early winter this year and won’t be surprised if we have a good snow before Thanksgiving Day. When I was growing up here it was not unusual to have snow and be ice skating on Thanksgiving Day. So  much for Global warming. I see right now on my blog it’s 76degrees and fair in Dardenne Prairie MO. It’s 43degrees and cloudy and cold here in Scranton.
Didn’t hear anymore from MO. I hope Sadie & Rigg’s are enjoying each others company. Haven’t heard from Adam in a couple of weeks, I guess all is well when there is no news.
Hard to believe it is the second week of November already, time waits for no one.
I guess that’s about it for today, Oh tonight we are having Polish Sausage, (Schnitzels) I have to vary the menu once in awhile, being the chief cook and head dishwasher, that is my hardest decision, what to make for Dinner.
I’ll bet Donna is glad we have another girl in the family for a change, she was the only female for years until our Granddaughter came along, all the dog’s except the one shepherd Heidi were males.
Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

5 comments:

  1. Schnitzels...oh yeah....My Grandma was a Rausch....just a tad German...and we had many meals of that...Stay warm, Sam....and NO shoveling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner menu sounds great! Don't know how you are going to make sausage schnitzels taste Italian though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the hardest decision is what to make. When the boys were younger and at home I'd ask for suggestions and all I ever heard was "Whatever you make is fine" Well it might be fine but it wasn't the answer I wanted. Just help me pick something Please!! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about coming up with "dinner." I don't mind cooking I just get tired of figuring out what to cook I get the standard "I don't care." - Frustrating!!!

    Maybe I will blog about dinner menus and ask for responses and ideas. Never can hurt can it.

    Hope all is well with your sister and that she is healing well. Take care and have a blessed day.

    PS - have heard we are due for lots of snow here in the Pacific NW this winter too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love smoked sausage with kraut and mashed taters. I go along with everyone else about figuring out what to fix. That is the hardest part of the evening meal.

    ReplyDelete