Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday Doings

A normal morning so far, up at 04:30am, coffee with Donna, then she was off to the truck company, got Adam off to school, then I made a meatball sub with provel cheese and wrapped it in foil to put in the oven for lunch today. Also got a casserole dish out and put cannelloni and sauce in it and put it in the fridge, that will be baked for 45 min then a topping of cheese will be applied and 15 more minutes in the over at 400 till the cheese is a melted gold color. Boy, this is making me hungry just typing this.

My son Andy told me when I was up in Wisconsin last weekend he had taken the tractor out to cut some of the grass but the deck did not seem to be coming up to speed and it was making a noise, so he stopped till I got home to check it out, Since it is a gorgeous sunny day with the high supposed to be about 75, I will tackle that as soon as it reaches 60. I hope it’s not the clutch. The 6 foot decks have three blades and a large hub on the motor, with a clutch similar to a car A/C clutch (electric), if that’s worn out it will cost about $300US to buy a new clutch, nothing is cheap, especially if the name John Deere is on it.

Here I was hoping with the trips I was taking I could get a new Canon Digital camera, Wal-Mart had them for about $300-350 dollars, well having to get new hearing aids, and now this tractor trouble, has set that way back on the priorities list, so I can dream for a while and continue to use the Sony Lumix my wife got me a couple years ago, I’d really like to move up to a 12 megapixel camera body with a zoom lenses and I can add an adapter to use my Pentax Takumar lenses from my 35mm Pentax’s.

How about some picture’s of dogs from the past in our family.

SirCoal1

           SirCoal2

This is our first Police dog, a male German Shepherd he had a light tan mask, very large, about 110-120 lbs, not afraid of anything, but he didn’t know how big he was and would try to lay on the bed with Donna, and end up taking my side.

Heidi1

Heidi&Duke

This is Heidi, after Sir Coal died, we got Heidi, she had a dark muzzle and was very protective of the family and her police car. she was unusually aggressive as a female and performed her duties well. when Duke the Lab& Husky mix came to us as a puppy, The first night Heidi went over to where he was lying on the floor picked Duke up and carried him to her bed and plopped him down and this was the normal sleeping arrangement while he was a pup.

Duke as aboy

This is Duke a Yellow Lab & Huskie Mix as a year old. Duke was Donna’s boy he won her heart early and lived to be 14 before leaving us.Duke 03-15-08

                        Duke as an adult with his winter coat.

zep11-02-08

This was Led Zeppelin, We called him Zeppy, he was a Rott and Pit mix, he came into our lives when my son Andy was 16 and his girlfriend brought him home, originally for her mother. That didn’t work out so now we were a two dog family again.

Zep&RiggsJan2010b

Zep with Rigg’s this was two days before Zep passed away, he was Rigg’s mentor and even when Zep wasn’t feeling good Rigg’s would stick by him.

All of these guys and one gal provided us with a lifetime of companionship and fun, the two police dogs loved going to work in the police car with Sam.

Rigg’s as you know is a big goof and is just a bundle of joy for Donna & I. I hope all of you out there have had the wonderful gift of love and companionship a loyal pet can bring into your lives.  We truly enjoyed the time we have had with all these guys. Donna will sit at her desk and quietly cry when she see’s these pictures, Me too.

Be Safe out there. Sam & Donna.

3 comments:

  1. I got misty eyed..and they aren't even mine..sniff sniff
    Thanks for sharing..I will have to dig my arsenal of animals out for ya'll. lol

    Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I raised seven different pups for Guide Dogs for the Blind in New York. They were all very special dogs. Now then, there's Emma....she's special, but in a much different way. :) A wild child for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post choked me up... I started reading your blog about the time Zep passed on. Gosh. Time to go hug my dogs.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete