Riggins with little brother Charlie and little sister Sadie.

Followers

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thursdays Thoughts.

A normal start for today, up at 04:30am, coffee, Then Donna is off to the truck company, she has restaurant duty tonight, so it will be a long one for her, I haven’t heard from the bus company other than an overnight trip to Chicago for Friday was cancelled. Maybe I won’t get anything this week. Adam is off to school and it is another gorgeous day with a high in the 80’s predicted, I got my new Death Ray TV antenna yesterday so I will ask my son Andy to climb the ladder with it today the will be the big project for today. Good news, after dropping the deck, literally since it weighs quite a bit, I use a long pry bar to lift each side one at a time to get the rear pins loose. I took the pulley covers off and discovered the belt had jumped from one of the keepers that are supposed to keep them on the belts, how it got past that little space I don’t know but that was what was binding and making the noise. Luckily Andy shut the deck down before the belt was ruined. I had to pull the pulley and keeper off and put it all back together right, and then it ran like a champ, I cut the 2 acres of grass just to make sure it was right. Only cost me some muscle and an hours time no money this time.

Here is the BIG Project in pictures.

AndyonCamper04-29-10a

                               Studying the job at hand.

AndyonCamper04-29-10b

                                         off with the old

AndyonCamper04-29-10c

                                  Here Dad get this will ya.

AndyonCamper04-29-10d

                          On with the new, I’m outa here.

Thanks son for your good work in keeping me off the roof.Total time was only a couple minutes and it came with high recommendations from Karen and Stevio, and Ken & Nannette.

What was Rigg’s doing while all this was going on in the driveway.

Rigg's04-29-10

           Just laying on the floor with his “Please play with me look”

Anyone needs amplified batwing parts they will be free to a good home.

Got a nice E-Mail from Dee & Jim of the Tumbleweed’s blog, they are in Scott Air Base Fam Park, and will be going to Troy MO later in May, They want to meet up with us and we are going to try to reserve a Sunday which is the only day Donna is off completely. I hope I will be home one Sunday from bus trips, But we are going to try our best to meet these good folks, They are new to full timing so we will pick their brains, since we haven’t started yet.

Well that’s about it for today, be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

3 comments:

  1. Glad the new antenna head went on easy... We think ours really improved our reception. Right now we are near Beloit, WI and without even raising the mast, we are getting all the channels we got when here last year. Parked in the exact same spot, so we know it's an improvement.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you got your John Deere problem fixed before any damage was done to the belts. I've put mine aside for a few days while I catch up on a few other outstanding things. I'll be getting back to it early next week. Nice job on the new antenna - good to have your son helping too. Those roof jobs can be dangerous for us old guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Riggs, Jodie and Coco here, a couple of lady Labs here in Forida. We have lives similar to yours, where we get to got camping with the family. We'll be heading for Alaska someday and we can hardly wait. There are a lot of new smells to be had up there.

    Do you enjoy traveling? We don't do any of the driving, but Coco travels with her chin on the dashboard watching everything that goes on. I tend to relax on the bed between the seats. I'll have plenty to see when we get somewhere.

    Coco and I became part of the Tempesta family when we were adopted from Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida. In fact, I feel like I've been here forever. We also get to meet a number of Labs who pass through our house on their way to new forever homes.

    Chat with you later,

    Jodie

    ReplyDelete